Information we collect and its use
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information such as a username, your first and last name, birthdate, phone number, profession and e-mail address when you register for an IT Essentials account, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also use this information to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
- Information we collect from you automatically
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies information
When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets IT Essentials help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time.
You can control or reset your cookies through your web browser, which will allow you to customise your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
We may send cookies to your web browser to help you use our site. If you would like to adjust your cookie settings, please consult your browser instructions.
- Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to IT Essentials, operating and maintaining the Service, giving you access to your designs and billing you for transactions that you make via the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the IT Essentials Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customising the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customised to your needs. For example, if you tell us your profession to recommend designs that are likely to be relevant to you.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the IT Essentials Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all IT Essentials users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time IT Essentials may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
Sharing your information
We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside IT Essentials and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted in this section:
We won’t share your personal information without your permission except as follows:
- Who we may share your information with
- Some of the third parties that IT Essentials may share your personal information with include providers who assist IT Essentials with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products;
Keeping your information safe
IT Essentials cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from IT Essentials, at all times. However, IT Essentials cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to IT Essentials or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the IT Essentials Service, such as social networks. IT Essentials is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
How to contact us